Skip to main content

Sunscreen: Does it is important to teenagers?

I'm not sure if Malaysian teenagers aware about sunscreen or not. But, as I ever experience my teenagers life, I think sunscreen is important for teenagers. 

In Malaysia, school's rules forbid students to wear makeup. When you were caught by teacher for wearing makeup, teachers always said 'You already beautiful even do not apply makeup'. I don't think all teenagers agree to this statement. But, as students, we also do not have power to against school's law. Makeup may not allow in school but school's rules never stated that sunscreen is forbidden to apply in school. 
redness effect

During my high school time, I also do not apply any makeup on my face because I feel makeup is troublesome, but I will apply sunscreen every morning before I go to school. Why? Because my skin easily get redness or tanned if expose to sun too long. To avoid it, I never forget to apply sunscreen. 

But, apply sunscreen also troublesome for me because my face will produce oil and it makes my face look so greasy. Then, how do I avoid this problems? After I apply sunscreen, I will use Silky Girl UV Powder to prevent my face look so oily. But this is not main topic I want to talk to you guys. This is only my experiences. 

Today topic - does sunscreen is important to teenagers? 

The answer of this question is YES. Yes, sunscreen is important to teenagers. 

Why sunscreen is important to teenagers? 
How sunscreen work on our face
The answer behind this question is to protect our skin from sunlight. During middle/high school, teenagers usually expose to outdoor activities like sport or co curriculum activities. Without we realize, our skin also expose to sunlight/UVA/UVB. That will make our skin became tan or redness. The worst effect your skin tone will be uneven. Once your skin be uneven, it is quite difficult to make your skin became fair again. So, the best way to prevent it is wear the sunscreen. If we apply sunscreen, sunscreen will prevent our skin from expose to UVA/UVB rays because sunscreen will reflect the UVA/UVB rays from our skin. Then our skin will protect from UVA/UVB.

Some teenagers said they already apply sunscreen but their face still became darker and darker? Why?
The answer is you apply the sunscreen only once before you go to school. Let me tell you. Sunscreen is same as makeup. They have a length of duration to apply again. If we wear makeup more than 4 - 5 hours, we will remove it and apply again to prevent our face look worse. Some case as sunscreen. Usually, I will apply twice or three time in school hours. School hours in Malaysia from 7am to 2/3pm and our break time is around 11am - 11.30am or 11.30am - 12pm. Normally, I will apply sunscreen twice in school hours. First application is before I go to school and second application during break time. But if I have co-curriculum activities after school hours until 5pm, I will apply three time a days. Once application is before go to school, second application is during break time and third application after school hours. 

What we should not do if we apply sunscreen? 
When you apply sunscreen, the things that you should not to do is don't stay under sunlight too long because sunscreen will make your face burned. 

Do sunscreen can avoid our face from dull? 
Based on my experience, sunscreen sometimes help our skin light-up. It makes our skin look fair and smooth sometimes.

There are a few brand of sunscreen that I recommend to teenagers;
Example sunscreen in Malaysia
  • Biore 
  • Sunplay 
  • Corsx (suitable for dry/sensitive skin because mixed with moisturized)
  • Neutrogena 
  • NuTeen (suitable for acne-prone skin)
So far, this is the best brand of sunscreen in Malaysia. Moreover, the price for this brand sunscreen still affordable for teenager. Hopefully this information is useful. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty: Impression with SILKYGIRL Pure Smooth Pressed Powder

SILKYGIRL is the popular cosmetic brand in Malaysia. It is easier to find in supermarket or cosmetic store in Malaysia. Other than easy to find in the store, the quality of SILKYGIRL’s product also quite good and the price is cheaper. However, what make I impressed with SILKYGIRL brand is the quality. In previous article, I have wrote about the bad experience that I have with the other compact powder (C.CODE Oil Control 2-Way Cake SPF 30). Because of that, I need to purchase another compact powder to replace C.CODE Oil Control 2-Way Cake SPF 30. I don’t say that quality of C.CODE Oil Control 2-Way Cake SPF 30 is bad but it is not suitable with my skin and it makes my makeup crack after 30 minutes I apply it. The funnier in this situation, the makeup crack during I’m shopping at mall. My face looks ugly and it is so embarrassing. So, I went to Guardian, then purchase new compact powder together with makeup remover tissues and lip tints. After I bought these three products, I rus

Beauty: Experienced with C.CODE Oil Control 2-Way Cake SPF 30

Between foundation and compact powder, which one will you carry out when you want to go somewhere? Some people said they will carry foundation and some people said they will carry compact powder. The answer is depending on someone comfortable. For me, I will choose to carry compact powder rather than foundation. However, that is not the main topic to discuss. The main topic to discuss today is my experienced with C.CODE Oil Control 2-Way Cake SPF 30. C.CODE is the makeup’s brand exclusively at Watsons Malaysia. C.CODE has produced variety type of makeup product such as lipsticks, lip tints, eyeshadow, blush, foundation, compact powder. Under C.CODE brand, there are two type of compact powder that they produced. One is Pressed Powder SPF 50 and another one is Oil Control 2-Way Cake SPF 30 . Here, I would like to share my experience with Oil Control 2-Way Cake SPF 30. During I browse my Facebook, I accidently found this brand on Watsons’s Post. Since the packaging of C.CODE

Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Soothe Lotion [My Favourite Body Lotion]

Hello, everyone! Today, I would like to share with you about my favorite body lotion. I know some people don't care about their body skin because they believe body skin is strong compare to face skin. Even the fact is true, it doesn't mean you should not take care about your body skin. Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Vera This is my favorite body lotion. I ever mentioned that my face skin is normal skin. But it is different when it comes to my body skin. The type of my body skin is normal to dry skin. My body skin is very easy to dry when it exposes to sunlight. Even I apply sunblock before I go out from my house but it is not enough. It is because when come to night, I can feel my body skin, especially hand and leg (the part that always exposed to sunlight) became dry and rough. Normally, I only apply baby oil on my skin but I think it is became more dry after bath. So, my friend recommend me to try this lotion. Yes, after use this lotion and can feel my skin is not d